Dr. Stephen Ura began his education when he earned his undergraduate degree in engineering from the University of Michigan in Industrial and Operations Engineering. He then attended dental school also at the University of Michigan and earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. Additionally, Dr. Ura has completed over 2500 hours of post-graduate education in restorative care. He has completed two residencies in Dental Sleep Medicine at Tufts University and with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine Mastery Program.
For over 30 years, Dr. Ura and his Nashua dental team have been passionate about providing treatment for patients seeking a healthier lifestyle. Dental sleep medicine became a natural fit for his practice.
Dr. Ura is a qualified member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine which requires a designated level of education and the successful completion of an examination. The office follows protocols established by the American Academy of Dental Sleep medicine for consistent and effective care.
At his dental sleep practice in Nashua, they utilize oral appliances to treat sleep apnea and snoring and have proven their knowledge through remarkable, lasting results.
Dr. Ura is committed to community service and has served on the boards of Girls Incorporated, Immaculate Conception Parish Council, was President of the Gate City Kiwanis, and also was a Nashua Youth Soccer League coach. He is happily married and has three grown kids and two grandchildren who all reside close to home in Nashua.
Dr. Ura is a huge Michigan football fan and loves attending sporting games when he can to help support. He also spends time boating on Lake Winnipesaukee, works to master his swing in golf, and enjoys learning new recipes for gourmet cooking.
Professional Memberships and Accomplishments
- Member–American Dental Association
- Member–Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellowship–Academy of General Dentistry (1998)
- Mastership–Academy of General Dentistry in (2009)
- Mastership— American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Lifelong Service Award–Academy of General Dentistry (2016)
- Chairman— Subcommittee of the Code for the ADA
- Chairman— New Hampshire Dental Society Continuing Education Committee
- New Hampshire’s Best Dentist–by New Hampshire Magazine
- Residency Program— Tufts University Dental Sleep Medicine, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine Mastery Program